The StructureScan™ Mini is GSSI’s all-in-one GPR system for concrete inspection. This hand held system locates rebar, conduits, post-tension cables, voids and can be used to determine concrete slab thickness in real-time. The StructureScan Mini safely locates metallic and non-metallic targets within concrete structures up to a depth of 20 inches. The system incorporates an auto target feature that marks the detection of features of interest. This function also estimates the depth of targets and automatically adjusts the depth scale. The StructureScan Mini is offered in two versions— the original or the StructureScan Mini with 3D. Typical Uses for StructureScan Mini Include:
- Concrete inspection – locate metallic and non-metallic targets in walls, floors and ceilings
- Structure inspection – bridges, monuments, walls, towers, tunnels, balconies, garages, decks
- Condition assessment – map relative concrete condition for rehab planning
- Measure slab thickness
- Void location
More information: StructureScan Mini Series Brochure GSSI StructureScan Series Systems
- Locate rebar, post tension cables, conduits (PVC and metal) in real-time
- User-friendly, intuitive navigation
- 3 dimensional images: simplified data collection and provides easy-to-interpret data images (StructureScan Mini 3D)
- No site hazards or need to close off work areas as with radiography (X-Ray)
- Built-in automatic target detection software
- Automatic depth calculation
- Four wheel drive survey encoder
- 2D data is displayed in simple plan view on a high-resolution, 5.7 inch color screen
- Locate and mark targets quickly with backup cursor feature and innovative laser positioning
- Lightweight and simple to transport, all-in-one unit weights about three pounds
- Easy data transfer to flash card
- Durable components that have been tested to be dust proof and water-resistant (IP-65 rating)
- 2-year warranty
- All-in-one control unit, 1600 MHz antenna and survey wheel combo
- Dual battery charger
- Two batteries
- Rugged carrying case
- Quick Start Guide
- Training Video
- Sample 3D data collection grid pack (StructureScan Mini 3D)
- Memory: Based on SD card size, default is 2 GB
- Display: 5.7", full-color
- Post-processing: On-screen or via GSSI software (optional)
- Battery: 2.5 hours
- Ports: SD card, USB port
- Environmental: Water-resistant and dust proof (IP-65 rating)
- Languages: English, Spanish, French
- Weight: 1.6 kg (3.3 lbs)
GSSI offers several optional software packages that allow users to post-process StructureScan Mini data for further interpretation.
RADAN™ for StructureScan Mini
RADAN for StructureScan Mini is a post-processing software package for the StructureScan Mini Series. It is designed to process, view, and document 2D and 3D data collected with the StructureScan Mini and StructureScan Mini HR. The software features bold and intuitive menu screens and clear data views for easy interpretation and enhanced post-processing capabilities.
Data Processing And Annotation
- Processing of 3D data sets collected with the StructureScan Mini and Mini HR
- 3D target input – customize size and color of targets
- Virtual 3D borehole
- Multiple color table and transform options
- Windows® 7 based user-interface
Background Removal filtering
Data Migration (focusing)
Gain (Contrast) Control
Use Ground Truth for accurate depth calculations
Report Writer – custom report output using MS Excel
Copy data images to third party software for documentation purposes
Add targets as colored circles and export target information in an Excel format
Save data images as a JPG file
Print to all Windows supported printers
Data illustrates a volumetric view of a rebar mat with user-defined virtual borehole location.
Data illustrates a rebar mat in a test slab. Targets are identified and marked using software Target Picking tool.
A Core i3 or better processor (2.0 GHz or greater recommended).
GSSI will only support RADAN StructureScan Mini running on Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Note: While some laptops or desktops will say Vista ready, a Windows Vista Business Edition requires a minimum 1 GHz 32- or 64-bit processor; 1 GB of RAM; 128 MB of graphics memory, and 32 bits per pixel;
40 GB hard drive with 15 GB free space; DVD-ROM drive; audio output capability, and the ability to access the Internet.
2 GB of RAM minimum (3 GB or greater recommended).
160 GB hard drive with a minimum of 20 GB available space.
128 MB graphics chipset with OpenGL drivers (Note: We only support NVidia and Intel graphics chipsets.)
StructureScan Mini Reader
The StructureScan Mini Reader software is a free online visualization program for the GSSI StructureScan Mini. The software is ideal for basic post processing of 2D StructureScan Mini data files.
- Gain (contrast) control
- Background Removal
- Color Table
- Save/Convert to images
Data shows 2D wire mesh with a well defined bottom of slab.